Friday, November 18, 2011

Bangkok

Surprise! I'm in Bangkok now! It's a really long complicated story but hours before I left I had to revert plans back to flying into Bangkok. So no time in Seoul and Vietnam will come later. I had a crazy entry into Thailand. My flight was really long. I spent about 19 hours in the air. It was fun, though it was hard to imagine after a 12 hour flight having to rush to get on another 5 hour flight. I was in the air so long that the flight brought meals, they kept feeding me lasagna. So much lasagna. I think every meal I ate that day was lasagna. I arrived at 11:00pm in Bangkok and was super jet lagged, didn't know how to read any of the signs, didn't know where I was sleeping, and was having the best time. I eventually made it to a place called Khoa San Road, at midnight. A mixture of the craziest/grossest place I've ever been. It's sort of a cramped night market/street party/trash can. Eventually after avoiding all the garbage and prostitutes and people trying to lead me down ally ways, I found a room to sleep in. It was about 130 Baht, $4.50ish for the night and you a bed and a fan, and really loud dance music outside you're window. I loved it. I got huge plate of Pad Tahi for about 40 cents, and then went to sleep. Okay! Internet is about to run out! No idea where I'm going today, but we'll find out! BYE!

2 comments:

  1. Noah dude I am a little late in coming to the party on your blog, but really glad I finally found it. So let me just say that in 1983....yep, that long ago...I also landed in Bangkok at midnight, and made my way to Kho San Road...and also slept in a little crappy hovel, but at that time there was no internet, or cell phones or even fax machines. It was awesome. xoxo Uncle Kevin

    ReplyDelete