Monday, November 28, 2011

Black in color, eaten with sugar

I've realized that when traveling, I'm much more productive, and have all the free time I want. So It's a really great time to develop skills. If, say, I practice poi every day, even if it's not for very long some days, but just every single day, for 7 months I can get really good. And that goes for any kind of anything. So my world of possibilities of things to learn, practice, and teach myself has just grown like crazy. Every day of anything for 7 months will get you somewhere with what ever it is. I just had this amazing realization that I can just choose what I want to practice, and do it every day. Ah like maybe stretching everyday and I'll get really stretchy, or drawing everyday, or anything, its endless. Anyway I leave Chiang Mai tomorrow, or maybe the next day for Pai. I don't know anything about Pai, but everyone says it's a good place, so I'll go! So far Chiang Mai is my favorite city I've ever been. It's the first place I could really see myself living. It's at that point where it feels like home, I've gotten to know the city, and gotten to know so many people here, and good places to eat, it feels like my home now, but home is also on the road, so tomorrow or the next day I go back to the new! But I'm certain I'll be back to spend more time in Chiang Mai. There was the most festive massive Sunday bazaar in the old city last night. Streets and streets and streets where closed, and stalls and shops and everything was set up. And now the streets are back to the way they always are. It's sort of like Burning Man, leave no trace. Impermanence is a really beautiful thing. I'll be traveling and moving around a lot the next few days, so I'll write again one day when I can. BYE

4 comments: