Thursday, May 10, 2012
Climbers Home
First thing, I now have money!!! Really exciting. 27 days was a long time with no money. I had money wired from home. Still no card. But it's ok! Green Climbers home was a perfect place for me. It's sad I couldn't spend more time. It was in the middle of a valley of cliffs. 100 routs to climb. Wake up, climb and go swimming in the cave. Rock climb in the morning and evening. It was though the absolutely hottest I've ever been in my life. 114 degrees and all you can do it stand in front of a fan. Climbing was really difficult due to the heat, we had to climber really early and late. You sweat at least a liter of water every climb. Blaah. It's really amazing rock climbing though. 3D. You climb up and out onto stalagtites and through tunnels and sit on ledges. So great! Really some of the best stuff I've climbed. A few nights ago I also did karaoke for the first time. It's HUGE in south east asia. Hahaha it was really fun. Everyone from Green Climbers went into town and we sang Karaoke in a crazy Laos bar and then went dancing on a boat. A really strange, crazy, and amazing time. But now I'm back to moving. It feels great. I spent almost 2 months in Laos, and now I'm back to Thailand. I'm on my way to Chiang Mai again, to do meditation. I'm going to do Vippassana for 10 days. No speaking, touching, looking anyone in the eye. Meditation from 4:30 in the morning till you sleep. Just meditation all day for 10 days. It's going to be really difficult but I've been wanting to do it since I got here. I'll let you know how it went when I come out! OK! BYE!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey cousin, this trip sounds amazing and I wish I could see the places that you are talking about. The meditation alone could be worth the trip. If you ever make it into India let me know, I will be in a small city in the middle of the country from may 23rd to August 15th.
ReplyDeletelol its Taylor btw...i thought it would just link directly to my gmail but i guess not.
Delete